Monday, August 22, 2016

Introduction

When people think of reality TV shows one of the most important aspects has to be that the show needs to revolve around drama in order to receive ratings. However, one type of reality TV show that I have been very interested in is the "competition" style of reality TV shows. Currently, one of the longest standing "competition" style reality TV shows has been "The Challenge" or what was formerly known as "The Real World Road Rules Challenge", which was originally born from the two MTV MEGA series "Real World and Road Rules". I have been watching the series since 2002 and since then I have studied the competitors, the missions or "challenges" which they are called now, the final missions, the eliminations and the drama.

Because of the fact that there have been many things that are left unsaid about the seasons and a lot of questions that the fans ask, I want to attempt to give my two cents on these controversies. I will be researching each of them and giving analysis based on articles that I have read as well as fan speculation. Some of these theories will be based on recent aspects of the show and some will be based off of events that occurred a long time ago. Examples of such theories are explaining whether or not Tonya was sexually assaulted by two male cast members on "The Ruins" or why we only see paired up partner challenges or how a pane of glass does not break as it hits a solid surface.

Of course, these theories are mainly my opinion and there might be countering opinions based on people's interpretation of the evidence. I will listen to all opinions and if there is any viewer who wishes for me to research one of their theories and post my opinion on it, I will gladly do so. Thank you and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment